Careers In Transition
Helping People Work at Their Fullest Potential
Careers in Transition is meeting using Zoom during the Cornavirus Outbreak.
Tuesdays | 8-9:30a | Zoom
Email the CIT Team to join us on Zoom
Let our Careers in Transition group help you.
Recently laid off? Looking to switch jobs or careers? Is your job search going nowhere and you need a fresh start?
Careers in Transition is here for you!
Our CIT group meets every Tuesday morning from 8:00 – 9:30 am.
The discussion is led by experts in the field of job search. They will help you improve your resume, networking skills, LinkedIn profile, and teach you other tactics and strategies to help you land your next job.
What we teach helps our CIT candidates to become more effective in their job search. Our volunteer job search coaches are also available for one-on-one meetings to help you more in depth on specific aspects of your search such as mock job interviews and jump-starting a job search that has stalled.
Careers In Transition is a free ongoing program and is open to anyone interested in help with their job search… all are welcome to come. Also, feel free to peruse our resources below.
Date & Time
Every Tuesday morning from 8:00 – 9:30 am
Temporarily Meeting on Zoom
Email the CIT Team
Job Searching, Interviewing, Networking and more...
We have many resources to help you meet your fullest vocational potential.
- 15 BEST Words to Use on Your Resume
- 7 Ways Your Resume Is Boring
- Why am I Not Getting a Response?
- 5 Little Resume Tweaks Employers Want
- Listing Your Accomplishments
- Top 100 Power Resume Words
- Top 100 Most Powerful Resume Words
- 15 Words HR Doesn’t Want To See
- Too Many Resume Opinions!
- Fired? How to Write a Resume
- Writing a New Resume
- Is Your Executive Resume Too Wordy?
- How to Get Your Resume Read
- Crafting your Opening Statement
- How To Choose The Best Resume Font
- Branding – 7 Helps
- Beat the Robots
- Adaptive Skills
- Your LinkedIn Profile
- LinkedIn Recommendations
- 12 Ways to Use LinkedIn
- Shorten Your LinkedIn URL
- About Recruiters
- 10 Overused LinkedIn Buzzwords
- Signs Your Profile Needs a Tune-Up
- 20 Awesome Facts About LinkedIn
- Five Mistakes on LinkedIn
- Reach Out To Recruiters On LinkedIn
- LinkedIn for the Unemployed
- Present Your Strengths in an Interview
- Interview Body Language
- Interview Body Language Mistakes
- Interview Follow Up Checklist
- Interview Tips
- Practical Tips for Phone Interviews
- The Best Interview Preparation Tool Ever
- The Interview Jitters
- The Most Important Interview Question
- Employers’ Thoughts During Interviews
- What to Say in a Thank You Card
- Why Preparation is Key in an Interview
- Why You Did Not Get the Interview
- 5 Reasons You Can’t Land an Interview
- 5 Smart Tips for Answering Questions
- 5 Things Every Employer is Thinking
- 5 Things Every Employer Wants to Hear
- 6 Questions You MUST be Prepared for
- 6 Tough Interview Questions Revealed
- 7 Tips to Ace a Phone Interview
- Body Language Mistakes You’re Making
- Can Wearing Glasses Really Help?
- How to Wait for an Interview
- Dressing for an Interview
- First Impressions in an Interview
- How to Ace the Phone Interview
- When they Ask about Being Fired…
- The ‘Greatest Weakness’ Question
- How to Handle Termination Questions
- How to Interview a Potential Employer
Job Search Tools
- How To Identify Transferable Skills
- Your Elevator Speech
- 7 Ways to Get a Hiring Manager’s Name
- 5 Unusual Job Search Strategies
- Win the Business with this Elevator Pitch
- Don’t Say This When Asking for a Raise
- Salary Negotiation Strategies
- Overcome Job Search Phone Phobia
- Networking Cold Calls
- Negotiating With Employers
- Leaving a Good Voicemail
- Job Search Visual
- Informational Interviewing
- How To Stay Positive