Ghana Mission Trip
Pray, Give, Go!
Women’s Mission Trip
August 10-20, 2018
Is God putting a desire in your heart to serve Him in Africa? “Here I am. LORD send me!” Isaiah 6:8
The relationship between Cherry Creek Presbyterian Church and the church in Ghana is one of shared blessings.
Can you donate items for the women of Ghana? Drop off donations (below) between July 15 – August 5 at the front office or in the collection bins. Questions? Contact Enid Victor, x5165.
- Toothbrushes/travel size toothpaste (400)
- Trial/hotel size lotion (400)
- Pens (400)
- 50/50 blend T-shirts, size L, any color (400)
- New or lightly used sports bras, size M-XXL (200)
- Medium deflated beach balls (20)
- New tennis balls (20 cans)
- Soft or collapsible frisbees (20)
- Suitcases to be left in Ghana (20)
CCPC Ghana Short Term Missions Team:
- Denise Floto
- Gary & Jeanne Gaessler
- Michael Gaessler
- Brent & Laura Hinkston
- Ben Hinkston
- Jacob Hinkston
- Al Johnson
- Doug & Carol Macomber
- Linda Lyman
- Savannah Lyman
- Amy Maxfield
- Nancy McClanahan
- Anita McMahan
- Kay Moll
- Brad & Cathy Strait
CCPC’s involvement with Jewels of God Church in Ghana spans 12 dynamic years. Founded by Pastor Victor Adjei, a former student of Denver Seminary, Jewels reflects his passion for bringing the Good News to the people in his native country. He has planted 42 churches in Ghana.
CCPC serves Jewels through:
- Long-term friendships
- Health supplies and training
- Prayer support
- Wells that bring clean water
- Teaching conferences for local pastors, youth and women
- Funds to build schools for village children and young women
God has ministered to the people in Ghana through our material as well as our spiritual gifts. He also has worked mightily in the hearts of the many people who have willingly followed His leading and gone on, prayed for or financially supported our mission trips.
Jewels blesses CCPC through:
- Deepening faith and prayer life
- Faithful prayer partners
- Long-lasting friendships
- Warm hospitality and generosity of spirit
- Mutual understanding of and genuine appreciation for the differences in our cultures
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the focus of this mission trip?
- build relationships
- with the women and children;
- teach gospel-centered lessons;
- distribute to the women and children, many for the first time, their very own copy of the Bible;
- provide medical supplies and services i.e. de-wormer;
- assist in ongoing construction of the girls’ vocational school; and
- help with children’s activities.
What will the travel and accommodations be like for the person I am supporting?
The area where we travel is quite safe. The accommodations are very basic and include running water and some electricity.
What impact will my contribution have on the women and children of Ghana?
My contribution will impact the women and children with:
- The Gospel transforms lives and is powerful to change Ghana.
- The vocational school’s dormitory will provide shelter and safety for the young village girls attending the school, versus the tragic reality of life on the streets.
- Medical supplies and health training will sustain the well being of the women and children.
Each woman is responsible to raise $3,500. These funds will be used to accomplish our trip objectives (i.e., clean water, food for the women and children, materials for the vocational school dormitory, de-wormer and Bibles) for the women and children of Ghana. It covers transportation, food and lodging costs during our time in Ghana. To give now fill out the form above and click donate.
CCPC is fully relying on God’s power to accomplish His will for this mission. Your prayer is our most valued support, and each woman traveling to Ghana needs at least five people to pray for her before, during and after the trip. Prayers for the entire team are treasured, as well! Will you partner with us in prayer?
Please pray for:
- Safe travel and health for the team
- Connections with the women and children would be sweet and formative
- God would pour His blessings upon the people of Ghana, giving strength and wisdom to stand firmly in His Word