The Officer Selection Committee seeks your help in acquiring names of those to be considered for election to the offices of Deacon and Ruling Elder. Please give prayerful thought to the nomination of persons you believe to possess the qualifications of these offices.
Nominations are due by Monday, September 20th
Deacon | Elder Requirements & Expectations
PERSON SELECTED IN EITHER OFFICE SHALL:
- Affirm their faith in Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior.
- Affirm their desire to be a wholehearted disciple of Jesus who brings glory to God and blessing to the world.
- Affirm their belief in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, the Word of God, totally trustworthy, and the supreme final infallible rule of faith and practice.
- Be a member in good standing of Cherry Creek Presbyterian Church. Deacon nominees must be a member in good standing for at least one year. Ruling Elder nominees must be members for at least two years.
- Support this church through their attendance, service and financial resources, and a team player willing to work towards the success of the whole church.
- Be comfortable with the government and discipline of the EPC.
- Affirm the Essentials of Our Faith without exception.
- Affirm the system of doctrine as taught in the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Larger and Shorter Catechisms.
- Not be a member of the Officer Selection Committee.
In addition to the list above, you must consider the Biblical criteria set forth in I Timothy 3. The following description is taken from the Evangelical Presbyterian Church Book of Government:
“According to Scripture, those who bear this office should exhibit certain characteristics of life. These include being blameless in life, sound in the faith, wise in the things of God, and discreet in all things. Persons who fill this office should exhibit a lifestyle that is an example to all, both in and outside the Church.”
After prayerful thought, please nominate any person or persons you believe to be qualified by completing the reverse side of this form and submitting it in the ballot boxes at either the welcome center or the information booth. Use a separate form for each person you wish to nominate. If you have questions, please contact one of the committee members.